Get involved in the battle against eating disorders
How can we all be advocates for eating disorder recovery?
We encourage you and your family members to also be advocates of eating disorder recovery. The Empowered Eating Team participants in numerous awareness events and activism including these listed below.
Alex Raymond and Bobbi Boteler can often be seen speaking at local schools and Universities speaking on: Health at Every Size and Weight Stigma
Empowering Loved Ones
- Monthly Support Groups for loved ones
- Workshops for Skill building and support for caregivers involved in eating disorder recovery
Training Health Professionals
- Bobbi and Alex train mental health professionals on working with clients with eating disorders
- Rebecca trains dietitians to work with clients with eating disorders
Awareness Walks and Fundraising
- Join us at local National Eating Disorder (NEDA) walks
- Participate in National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) walks
Conferences and Events
- Meet us at regional eating disorder conferences open to the public
- Lobby with us on national advocacy day
Free Support Groups
We also offer regularly scheduled client support groups in our Columbia and Greenbelt, Maryland offices.
Empowered Eating Involvement
- Bobbi Boteler is on the board of directors for Rock Recovery
- Alex Raymond is active with the International Federation of Eating Disorder Dietitians
- Rebecca Bitzer is on the board of Disordered Eating and Eating Disorders