Our empowered eating dietitian leads this free eating disorder support group on Monday evenings. Please contact us before you attend your first session.
At our support group, we spend lots of time getting to know each other and celebrating our uniqueness.
Each session starts with group rules, introductions (we welcome new members) then a rose and a thorn where each person shares something that went well during the week and a struggle during the week.
Next we may do a wide variety of creative, fun activities to develop resources to strengthen each person’s recovery. These activities provide lots of support, laughter and give us plenty of positive things to talk about.
Recent support group activities include:
- Decorating grounding boxes
- Playing our own version of Recovery Jenga
- Positive affirmations
- Reading recovery and empowering essays
- Working on alter books
- Making recovery bracelets
- Ripping up diet books
- Decorating shirts to wear on NEDA fund-raising walk
- Looking at menus from fancy restaurants and looking at food through a curious lens instead of an eating disorder lens
- Decorating face masks with the outside showing what the world sees and the inside what is really going on.
Please reach out to us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org