Interview with Jessica Setnick, a Rockstar Dietitian
By Alex Raymond, RD, LD with contributions from Caroline Best, Empowered Eating Intern
I am so excited to feature another rockstar dietitian, Jessica Setnick. Jessica’s mission is: empowering health professionals to confidently and competently treat eating disorders. Jessica does amazing work to complete this mission! She developed the Eating Disorder Boot Camp for dietitians as well as created the Eating Disorder Clinical Pocket Guide. The RD community is so lucky to have her wealth of knowledge! Here are some questions we asked Jessica:
- What do you want the world to know about eating disorders?
- What is the most important thing in prevention of eating disorders?
- Why do you love working in the eating disorder field?
- What is a fun fact about you :)?
Key Points From Jessica
- Jessica wants the world to know that everyone eats and everyone has feelings. Sometimes those things get mixed up and we should be aware and sensitive concerning that.
- She wants to stress that there’s no specific type or of person who has an eating disorder. Eating disorders affect anyone.
- Jessica talks about ways to prevent the development of eating disorders. A huge part of this is not assigning morality to food or body sizes.
- Additionally, she really loves her work. Jessica loves feeling like she’s doing her part to “help repair the world”. We think this is so awesome!
- Jessica runs two workshops and is the author of two books on eating disorders. The resources she provides are informative and definitely something to check out.