Rebecca Bitzer is an award-winning Registered Dietitian Nutritionist.
She is a Certified Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian with a passion for helping people recover from anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorder. After counseling clients with eating disorders for years, she realized that clients and their families needed more outpatient services than typically covered by health insurance plans. Knowing that so many clients wanted to continue to work and/or stay in school, Rebecca searched for answers and founded the Empowered Eating Program. This intensive outpatient nutrition counseling program provides hope for people struggling with eating disorders and provides support for loved ones.
This program is ideal for people who:
- are early in their recovery,
- have been struggling for years and
- are stepping down from being at a higher level of care to solidify their recovery when back at work or school.
I am dedicated to finding the best ways to help our clients meet their nutritional goals while recovering from eating disorders. Keeping recovery fresh, compassionate, energetic and cutting edge is key to the success of our clients. We only work with eating disorder treatment-seeking clients which allows us to focus on variety of research based and experience-based interventions. In addition to compassionate nutrition counseling sessions, you will also experience hands-on activities including recovery record phone app, meal support, essential oils and animal assisted interactions with our pet therapy dog in training, Ziggy. We also offer a variety of support groups for our clients and loved ones. Our approach is a team approach and we work closely with your entire treatment team to foster your success.
Rebecca empowers Registered Dietitians across the country with speaking, writing and training programs.
She has co-authored two books , most recently a workbook to help people nourish their bodies well without dieting called Taste the Sweet Rebellion: REBEL Against Dieting. This nutrition book is featured in the 2018 edition of the Gurze Catalogue, and has been the inspiration for the Mayhem to Mealtime virtual meal planning program, which was designed to make food simple again.
She is a board member of
She is active with many professional organizations, including
- National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA)
- Academy of Eating Disorders (AED)
- International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (iaedp)
- Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD)
- Behavioral Health and Nutrition’s Excellence in Practice in Eating Disorders award
- TD10: Today’s Dietitian’s Six Annual Showcase of 10 Incredible RDs Who Are Making a Difference.